Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Blog is Back!

After a four month hiatus, The Phoenix Blog is back. Seems that my boss at The Phoenix was getting some less-than-complimentary correspondence about my profile picture of Fidel. So I was given a stern lecture and promptly banished to Gitmo for a couple of months. Then Obama closes the joint, and just as I was getting used to the huevos rancheros they served every Thursday, and voila!, Pman is back in good graces and here to sing the praises of The Phoenix.
(Disclaimer - The above is a joke).

So first and foremost, my apologies to anybody who perceived the Fidel Castro photograph as an endorsement of some economic/political system different than capitalism/democratic republic. Besides, Fidel is a piker compared to what our own elected officials are doing in our own back yard. But that's a story for another day.

Anyway, I have changed my profile picture to what I hope is a true iconic American image, replete with the virtues of innocence and wonder. I trust that Bambi is safe, so I'm riding with it. If we do a venison special I'll reconsider.

Good to be back and I'll try to keep this updated every day or two from here on out. The Phoenix hopes that you'll bookmark this site and visit here often. The blog will contain news about the restaurant, special events, and ongoing specials. So you will be "incentivized" to return here periodically, if not daily.

Glad to be back,
Pman

No comments: